June 1966: Lee Martin and his wife, Margaret, opened Lee Paint Center in Chattanooga. Lee had been in the paint industry for 11 years when the opportunity arose for him and Margaret to take on this new venture. A native of Chattanooga, Lee graduated from Chattanooga High School and the University of Chattanooga, after serving in the U.S. Army Air Corps. Margaret graduated from Chattanooga Central High School and was a full-time mother of four children when they took this leap of faith!!! Lee Paint Center brought Benjamin Moore Paint to Chattanooga. The Benjamin Moore Paint Company has been manufacturing quality paint products since 1883.
December 1999: Lee and Margaret Martin retired. The business passed on to their son, Kit, and daughter, Janie. Together, Kit and Janie continue to operate the business much like Lee and Margaret had for many years.
Today: Lee Paint Center continues to sell a complete line of Benjamin Moore products, as well as Richard’s Paint. Additionally, they offer a variety of specialty products, and have two interior decorators on staff. Kit and Janie, with their trusted team, look forward to serving the Chattanooga area for many more years to come.